1. Try to choose a song with a good tempo and easy beat; this will make it easier and therefore more enjoyable on the day.
2. Make sure you have a practice dance in your dress (without the groom there of course!) to check if there are any moves you won’t be able to do.
3. Practice in shoes with a similar height heel to your wedding shoes and get used to dancing in heels.
4. Practice as much as you can so you won’t have to concentrate as much on the steps of the routine, which will make you and your partner feel more relaxed and confident on the day and therefore enable you to enjoy your first dance so much more!
5. More than anything HAVE FUN! Your friends and family will be impressed of your choreographed dance and how much you are both enjoying your first dance together, but not by how technically perfect your footwork is!